Friday, March 26, 2010
Get to know your design team: Kristen Powell
2. Where are you from: Eureka, CA.
3. Tell us about you.....I’m a single, 29 year old 911 dispatcher who is hopelessly addicted to scrapbooking, photography, tacky garden gnomes…and using grammatically incorrect pronouns like “hims” and “hers”. I have always been drawn to memory keeping, and I made my first scrapbook at the age of nine (which consisted of scotch tape, greeting cards, and other flat treasures). This is my first design team experience, and I’m thrilled that it focuses on one of my favorite subjects…..babies!!
4. Tell us about your babies.....No biological babies for me yet, but I am the very proud Auntie to an 11 month old little boy named James (a.k.a. The Tiny). He has been the light of my life since the day he was born, and it often feels like my heart will burst when he rests his sweet head on my shoulder. In addition to James, I will also be scrapbooking two new beautiful cousins (Gracie and Sophia), and two of my good friend’s adorable babies (Aliyah and Kelton).
5. Favorite scrappy supply….Right now I’m addicted to a needle and embroidery floss. I love the little added texture it creates, and the physical act of hand stitching on a page.
6. Favorite must have baby item: Gerber Graduate Lil’ Crunchies Snacks .I’m not sure who loves them more…me or the baby. I try to maintain my table manners while eating them, but baby James will grab one in each hand and then attempt to vacuum up the remaining crunchies with his mouth (he might be worried his Auntie will eat them).
7. Blog address: www.thetrailerparkgirl.com
A few fabulous layouts by Kristen