Monday, August 2, 2010
Get to know your design team: Jess Mutty
1. Jess Mutty
2. Where are you from: Framingham, MA
3. I am a 31 year old SAHM and wife living a little west of Boston. I am the only pink in a house full of blue: I have a husband, little boy, and three male cats! Before staying at home I worked as a theatrical costume designer but I now spend my days with paper instead of fabric. I love to cook, bake (especially cupcakes), travel, entertain, and do laundry. Yes, I said I love laundry... go ahead and call me a freak! I have a certain affinity for ancient and medieval history, in-jokes, making up words, and general shenanigans.
4. My Owen was born in December of 2009 and he is just the coolest little dude EVER! He has a huge personality at seven months. He never stops going, going, going and keeps me on my toes as he is already pulling up all over the place and cruising. He learns super fast, gets showered with compliments everywhere we go, and is pretty much my little shining star! I also get a chance to break out the flowers and ruffles on pages about my best friend's little girl, who was born just six weeks after Owen.
5. Some might say I need to join Thickers Anonymous... I have a slight "problem" with collecting those. I love texture: chunky, touchy-feely, layered goodness, please!
6. My favorite baby item changes every month it seems. For the early months the Miracle Blanket saved our sleep and our sanity!! Right now I'm going to go with the giant gated play yard (aka Baby Jail!) because it gives me a few minutes to get stuff done while the little guy plays safely and happily!
A few fabulous layouts by Jess: