Fabric rolled flowers.
Hi there! I was at Target recently and was admiring their beautiful flower headbands. They really are pretty, but kind of expensive if you know how to just put them together yourself. Today I will show you how to make a fabric rolled flower and how to turn it into a pretty headband for yourself or for your little girl.
1. Cut a strip of fabric about 1 1/2" wide and about 2 ft long. You can make it longer or shorter depending on the size of flower you want to create. Fold fabric lengthwise up to the middle of the strip and glue it down with fabric glue. I used Beacons 3 in 1 glue; its a bit messy but gets the job done.
2. Do the same with the other side.
3. Now roll up the strip tightly about 5 or six times.
4. After you have made your roll (this is the center of the flower) then you can start twisting the fabric. Alternate between twisting and just laying flat. Be sure to use a bit of glue every so often.
5. Keep twisting and laying until you have about an inch left of fabric.
6. Tuck this piece under and glue onto the back.
7. Now you can either stop here, or you can make it a little extra special...
8. Cut out 2 small circles from some felt. These need to be slightly smaller than the circumference of your flower.
9. Cut out ten 4" circles from some tulle. Using 2 pieces of tulle, fold them in half.
10. Now you are going to fold it accordian style so it looks like there are 3 ripples. Take a little bit of thread and just make a couple quick stitches in the bottom to keep them in place. Do this with the remaining tulle so you will have 5 total.
11. Glue the tulle in a circular pattern onto one of the felt circles.
12. Glue the flower onto the tulle.
13. Fluff out the tulle to make it pretty.
14. Glue your flower onto your headband. Use the remaining felt circle and glue it on the bottom to reinforce the flower.
15. Glue a brad into the center of the flower.
16. And you are done!!